Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Geronimo Family Camp

We were invited by the Heslop family to join them during Fall Break at their Stake Family Vacation.  It was Amazing!  They reserved all of the Scout Camp Geronimo and we camped out from Wednesday to Saturday.  There were around 3,000 people there but it seemed like we were just welcomed in and made to feel part of the "family."  Activities included morning and afternoon classes for adults, youth, and children, devotionals, a talent show, a service project, a youth conference and dance, plus rock wall climbing, a zip line, archery, and hiking.  We walked our legs off!  All the food was provided and we ate at the dining hall for each meal.  I can't even begin to describe what a beautiful experience it was.  We felt the Spirit numerous times and just plain had the time of our lives!  Every single member of our family absolutely loved being there.  I am determined to make this happen in our Stake, too.  (The only problem was forgetting the extra batteries for the camera.  I am beyond sad.  These are the only four pictures we could coax out of the ailing batteries we did have.)





2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd hate to be in charge of that activity. It sounds like so much fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I thought the same thing! But after having been there once, I would seriously take it on!

    ReplyDelete