On Saturday we participated in the annual DVMTA Music Marathon. The piano students have the opportunity to play in a recital in the middle of the mall. Everyone who is walking by gets to watch them play their song. It goes on all day in four locations with over 800 kids participating! I had 8 students perform this year, but I was especially proud of Isaac because it was his first recital. He did such a good job playing "I'm a Little Teapot." He even took a little teapot with him and put it on the bench!
Everyone could dress up in a costume that represented their recital song, or just wear their Sunday best. Cadence wore her dance outfit because her song was about a marching band.
This is her sister, Caitlyn.
Katie
Tatum playing "The Runaway Rabbit."
Cayden
Jacob was so funny. His song was "Morning Prelude." He wore slippers and pajamas and when he walked up to announce his song he did a big YAWN before he sat down.

My gentle giant, 6'10" Kaleb Strong.
Everyone got a Music Marathon ribbon, plus I gave them a gift card for a dilly bar at Dairy Queen in the mall. They were so excited! They all did a super job, overcoming their nerves and playing their best.
P.S. Don't you love the car display behind the piano? At least it matched my dress.
Isaac's friend Porter stayed the weekend with us while his parents were out of town. I didn't realize how much we had gotten accustomed to our crazy busy lifestyle until Porter said, "Sister King, I just don't think I can get used to going all these places and having to go fast all the time." We have laughed and laughed about that.










No comments:
Post a Comment