Since Isaac is only in half-day Kindergarten I still get to entertain him in the afternoons. One day after school we decided to go to the children's art museum in Mesa to see their Charles Shulz exhibit. I wasn't sure if Isaac knew all of the Peanuts characters but we had so much fun together anyway.
Isaac spent the majority of his time sitting at Schroeder's piano. It was neat because the keys would light up one at a time so you could play "Fur Elise." There was even a Beethoven bust!
There was a look-alike shirt so you could dress up like each character. Here is Isaac/Pig-Pen:
Isaac wouldn't wear the Lucy dress so he just visited her as Charlie Brown.
He liked playing the football toss in Peppermint Patty's yard.
Look at his face! There was no way he was putting on that pink polka-dotted dress!
So I had to.
We visited Linus in the glow-in-the-dark Great Pumpkin room and then tried on the Woodstock costume.
And we even crawled through the doghouse door to find quite the pad where Snoopy lives.
Elsewhere in the museum, we found this really cool giant lite-brite wall and played with it before we had to leave for home.
I love my Isaac!

No comments:
Post a Comment