Noah and his friend Christian Lauritzen signed up to do some good this summer! They joined the Maricopa County Teen Leadership Experience (MCLE, or "muscle"). It was a very busy summer for them but they had great experiences in the area of volunteerism, environmental issues, government, and community. We drove all over Maricopa County (Chase Field, Air Quality Control, Usery Park, Teen Court, County Elections, etc.) to earn the hours they needed to complete the program. They also spent many hours volunteering at the library. Whew!
One day while we were waiting for Noah and Christian, we went to the nearby Science Museum and went through the awesome Mazes exhibit! Jacob and Isaac didn't want to leave. They really had such a good time.
At the end of the summer, the kids who participated in MCLE were honored at a special breakfast and ceremony. The County Supervisor was there to speak to them and recognize each one.
I was seriously so moved by the way they made these kids feel so special. They really are the future and it was neat to see so many of them step up and participate in the grueling (and rewarding) program.
"I completed the MCLE program and all I got was this t-shirt!" Ha! Congratulations Noah and Christian! I'm so super proud of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment