Friday, September 16, 2011

First Day of School

Well, I guess it's final.  My baby started Kindergarten this year.  Mind you, I've only enrolled him in half-day so I won't miss him so much!  We went to Meet-the-Teacher day and introduced him to Mrs. Stradling, who has been Kindergarten teacher to all four of my boys.  We love Mrs. Stradling!


Jacob was also able to meet his fourth-grade teacher, Mrs. Sanders.  He was so nervous about being in her class because he had heard she was very strict.  He now says, yes, that's true, but she's also very funny and makes class exciting.


We went to Back-to-School night at Mesa High with Spencer, too.  They had a welcome barbeque for all the families and students.  It was fun, but we forgot to take pictures until it was too dark.  I really do think Spencer is in this picture somewhere.


When I went to wake Noah up on the first day of school, this is what I found.  I had to chuckle.  It is so "Noah."  Everything is laid out so carefully.  Even the deodorant and the watch are in the right place!


What a cutie!  He's in eighth grade this year at Taylor Junior High.


Dropping off Isaac at the first day of Kindergarten was as rough as I imagined it would be (as were the second and third days!).


Just before his teacher came, Isaac looked to me for reassurance and I had such a lump in my throat that I could only smile and give a thumbs up.


Luckily one of his best friends is in his class (Isaac H.) and they helped each other out while they waited for the teacher.


And then they were off!  He was so brave and confident.  Go Isaac!


People ask me what I'm going to do with all my time now.  I'm not sure yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment