It has been fun for us to go to the football games and cheer on Spencer and the Mesa High marching band! Here, Isaac shows his Jackrabbit pride.
Jeremy and I do what we can as part of the band boosters organization. I have been helping sell concessions and face painting, and Jeremy lends a hand to get the pit on and off the field.
The name of the official band program this year is "The Diamond." When they introduced it to the parents, I was so moved by the symbolism: diamonds are formed through heat, time, and pressure. The band director compared that to how the kids went through the heat of band camp, have put in many hours of time practicing, and are under a lot of pressure to get it just right, but the end result will be an enduring and valuable experience for them.
This was the first night they got to wear their uniforms, performing at Gilbert High.
We laugh at Spencer because he is so careful to keep his uniform perfectly white but still doesn't care at all about what his room at home looks like.
It's so fun to see how the entire program has come together so beautifully. Spencer really has such a great part playing the keyboard. The first time I heard the pit playing one of the movements I was overwhelmed with emotion at how gorgeous it sounded. We can't wait to see them do the whole thing at the upcoming competitions.








No comments:
Post a Comment