Thursday, November 12, 2009

Winter Garden

I harvested my first batch of radishes from the garden last week. Aren't they pretty?

It's really fun to have a winter garden. The plants just seem to do so much better than when I plant summer crops. We amended the soil this fall and things are growing like crazy! Jacob helped me plant the peas and we also have rows of carrots, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, and romaine lettuce. We've also had lots and lots of plants "come back" from previous years. I don't know if their seeds were still in the soil or if using our homemade compost re-planted them, but there are so many plants in the wrong rows! And I don't have the heart to pull out a perfectly gorgeous, living, growing thing. I'll probably pay for that later. Anyway, I think I can identify swiss chard, but I don't know if there is a weird variety of peas, a tomato, and some kind of squash growing in there, too. Anyone? Should I post close-ups? Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment