
One of our favorite vacation days was spent at Slide Rock State Park in Sedona.

It is on the site of a homestead and apple orchard planted in 1912 and is such a pretty little place.

The canyon and river are gorgeous!

Isaac couldn't wait to get to the top and try out the water slides.

We hadn't planned on how SLICK the river bed was. Jeremy took one step in and fell hard. Here he is with Jacob trying to plan best how to approach the water slides.

Noah did the best of all of us balancing on the slick rocks but he fell plenty of times, too!

We all laughed ourselves silly at our inability to stand up!

This is an enormously popular vacation spot in the summertime. I've heard you have to arrive and get in line before it opens in order to get in before the limit is reached.

I just couldn't get over the beauty of the red rock (and the handsome of my boys!).

The water was colder than we anticipated and once Isaac realized that he wasn't happy about getting in.

Spencer wouldn't go near the water. Stinker.

What a fun family day!

Spencer got this neat shot of all of us drying off before we left.
MOVIES:
This one is Jeremy and Jacob sliding down the chute!
Noah's turn!
Unhappy Isaac.
Jeremy "cliff" diving. It felt higher than it looks!
Fun, fun, fun! Noah slipping and sliding all over!
Looks like fun. I have been there a gazillion times while I was growing up. That was all before it was a State Park. We loved it. I should take my kids up there... when it's warm again!
ReplyDelete