Monday, September 6, 2010

The MIM







The Musical Instrument Museum opened in Phoenix not too long ago, so on our annual back-to-school overnighter at Chaparral Suites in Scottsdale, we decided to go see what the MIM was all about. Boy, were we amazed. We enjoyed ourselves so thoroughly that three hours went by before we could blink! You put headphones on and as you approach the exhibit for each country, the music that is playing on the video screen starts playing in your ear. I think I read somewhere that they have over 3,000 instruments from every country around the world. That makes it the biggest and most diverse collection of its kind. It was especially cool to see the instruments from Peru and New Zealand since we have personal connections there! After your tour of the museum, you get to go in the "hands-on" room and try out some really unique instruments. Believe me, the boys were in heaven. I can't gush enough about this museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment