Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Heavenly Coconut Layer Cake

I saw this in a Wal-Mart magazine, of all places, and it looked so pretty that I wanted to make it in January some time to remind me what snow looked like. (grin) I made it for book club last night and it was divinely decadent. And so super easy to make (as long as you remember to start it TWO DAYS before you'll need it!) I know some of you may not be coconut fans, but you should be!

Heavenly Coconut Layer Cake

1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
1 (14 oz.) bag sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups sugar
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip, thawed

1. Combine sour cream, coconut and sugar in large bowl; stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

2. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions in 2 (9 inch) cake pans; let cool completely. Split each cake layer in half horizontally using serrated knife. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with about 1 cup of coconut mixture. Repeat layering with 2 more cups of the coconut mixture and remaining 3 cake layers.

3. Add Cool Whip to remaining 1 cup of coconut mixture; stir to mix well. Spread over top and sides of cake. Cover and refrigerate cake overnight. Store cake in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment