A sister in my ward invited me to run a 5K with her and as soon as I saw the "gimmick" I was IN!! The Color Run is a 5K where you start out wearing white but at each kilometer you are blasted with a different color until at the end you become a whole rainbow of color. I promptly invited my best buddy Wendi to join me. My family was at the Pinewood Derby that day, so her sweet husband and children came to cheer us on and be the official photographers to document our silliness.
The "before" picture:
There were over 6,000 participants. With so many bodies it was hard to run at all. Finally, after dodging and weaving our way through the crowd we broke free of the pack and were able to keep a somewhat decent pace.
The first color station: YELLOW!
Then GREEN!
PURPLE!
And finally, PINK!
At the finish line, each runner received a packet of their own color.
If you look closely at the center of this photo, you'll see Wendi and I at the end of the race.
After the race, we all gathered together and counted down to zero. Then it was CHAOS! Everyone threw their color packet into the air and it was an explosion of color everywhere. So. Much. Fun.
The "after" picture:
It was awesome to get home and shower, but I had green toes (of all things) for DAYS!











This looks like so much fun!!!
ReplyDelete