When we all went to the last Band concert of the year, we had no idea it was Mr. Quamo's last event at Taylor. That evening I helped serve a banquet to the band students and their families and then Mr. Quamo gave out end-of-the-year awards. I am so proud of both Spencer and Noah for their talents and achievements in music. The concert that night was amazing! I especially loved Noah's percussion class and their Stomp-like performance. The class had worked for months, experimenting with noise-making every day items and writing the music. Noah had a section that he wrote and directed, with kids tapping rhythms on a table with silverware and their hands. So cool! We are heartbroken at losing Mr. Quamo. We will miss his humor and eccentricities as well as his big heart, personal interest in the kids, and musical talent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment