The next stop on our RV trip: Colossal Cave! Colossal is not a living cave but does have lots of history and some cool formations.
When it was first discovered, an enterprising hotelier would take his guests on tours through the cave. He always encouraged them to take a "souvenir" home and so many of the cave formations are damaged and missing.
This formation is "Old Baldy." Everyone was allowed to rub it as they walked by. Supposedly rubbing it brings good luck as you tour the cave; it is insurance against bumping your head on low-hanging rocks!
Well, nobody bumped their head and nobody got lost, so I guess it was a good day! Earlier, as we arrived at the cave and drove the precarious road to the parking lot, I had visions of Robin Williams in the movie "RV." I didn't think we would make it there alive! But as we exited the cave after our tour, we discovered another RV parked right next to ours. We weren't the only crazy ones!




No comments:
Post a Comment