

Jeremy's mom and dad came to Arizona for Jeremy's 40th birthday on April 23rd (but they aren't old enough to have a son that old, of course). Jeremy took the day off work so he would have time to collect all the free stuff for his birthday. He went for his free short stack at Denny's, his free sandwich and meal at Joe's BBQ and his free dozen doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. He shared his root beer cake with me and the doughnuts with the boys...what a good man. I had planned a surprise birthday party for him and invited 40 couples (!) to our home on Friday night. Naturally, I was the one who ruined the surprise, but sweet Jeremy let me think I had pulled it off. We had a fun time visiting with our friends and family and feasting on ice cream sundaes and banana splits with all kinds of toppings. So many people brought cute gifts: an adult bib, senior vitamins, an ear phone, a bald man's hair comb, a "40 sucks" lollipop, etc. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and neighbors. Happy Birthday, Honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment