
One of the last things I was involved in with my ward Primary before I was released recently, was helping with a fun Quarterly Activity. We had four rotating stations where the kids made props for a Family Home Evening around the theme of "Building Testimony." At one station they received gameboards and played the game "Build My Testimony!" (Don't Eat Pete! with a gospel theme). At another station they learned about the five parts of a testimony and made a handprint with pictures of the "five" to velcro on each finger. I just sat and bawled in testimony meeting the next day when many of the children stood to bear testimony of real gospel principles instead of just the standard "I love my family" testimony. The third station was making a song-leader's wand to lead the music in FHE (that's Isaac's girlfriend McKenzee in the photo above). Finally, my station was helping the kids decorate a FHE box to store all of their lesson manuals and loose FHE lessons in. An awesome brother in our ward made all the boxes for us and they were perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment