Saturday, December 4, 2010

Last Day

On the last day of our Fall Break vacation, we drove through Jerome on our way home.





Jerome was originally a copper mine and I marvelled at how they built the town on such a steep mountainside.


The highest structure in town, the haunted Jerome Grand Hotel was built in 1926 and was originally a modern hospital.




Again with the gift shops. I was waiting outside when I got this special moment with my middle boys.


Spencer has his eye on this Rolls Royce. Not too long before he can drive!


So we drove down from Jerome and passed through historic Prescott for lunch. We learned that Prescott was the original capital of Arizona, and had a picnic on the Courthouse grounds.


That afternoon we met Emily and her kids at Lake Pleasant. They brought their canoe and everyone had a good time taking their turn on the lake.


The boys were pretty inventive: they rigged up some makeshift fishing poles with debris they found on the lakeshore and went fishing. No luck catching anything, though!


Eliza kept wanting to crawl in the dirt so I kept her entertained while Emily was in the canoe. Cute girl!


Emily and Austin.


The boys couldn't resist for long and had so much fun cousin time splashing in the water! Thanks, Emily, for the fun afternoon (and for dinner at your house afterwards!). It was a great end to a super fun vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment