Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Spencer's Eagle Project

I was going to say "Spencer's Eagle Project, Stage I" but we're way past that. We've put too many hours into it for this to be Stage I, but I guess this is the first "action" stage, not just a planning stage.

Spencer has had so many people be so generous with time and supplies. This is Troy Adair of Preparing Wisely, an emergency preparedness store. He donated most of the water barrels for the project.
Spencer asked all the family who was visiting for Jacob's baptism to help with his project. After Papa and Jon took Spencer on a Mystery Shop to buy paint, Papa got started priming the barrels.
Grandpa Tom brought black paint and soon everyone was helping.
Everyone, that is, except for the girls. You may have noticed that. We lucked out and got to do the "inside job."
It sure was hot outside!
Granny Paula was the dedicated sketch artist. She came up with some really cute Arizona animals to complement the African drum designs.
I was a designated "dotter."
Nana doing her "look natural" pose.
And finally, Emily was the one with the steady hand who painted the animals. The project consumed us well into the night. Now on to Stage II...


1 comment:

  1. Those drums look awesome! I can hardly wait to see the pictures when this project is all done.

    ReplyDelete