Usually on April Fools Day the kids are afraid to try anything I make for dinner because I've been known to be pretty tricky in years past. This year I just made a regular meal. It was how the meal was served that was the "fool." When Spencer set the table I had him just put piles of things in the center. Then I had a set of strips of paper in a cup for each person. We had five courses and each person was able to draw three strips of paper from their cup for each course. This is what was listed on the strips: stroganoff, bread, butter, vegetables, salt, pepper, milk, ice cream, chocolate syrup, napkin, fork, spoon, cup, plate, bowl. It was so funny when Isaac picked first and pulled out "bowl," "salt" and "butter." That is his dream meal! We just kept going round and round the table and got some really funny results. Jacob got his stroganoff first but had no plate or bowl to put it on, so he (don't faint, Nana) just ate his share from the serving dish. Then he drew milk and no cup so I just poured a little into his mouth from the jug! I drank my milk from a bowl but luckily got my ice cream and chocolate syrup during my last course. Jeremy had to wait until the very end to get a plate. Spencer was surprisingly game for the whole thing, but it really threw Noah for a loop. He was so frustrated at the shift in his normal, regular routine. Ah, Noah, we love you! Happy April Fools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a great dinner! I'll have to remember that for next year.
ReplyDeleteCameron and Noah are soooooo much alike! Brian played a little joke on him and it took 15 minutes of mommy snuggle time to get him to stop crying. Brian turned to me and said, "I guess I won't do that again next year."