My sweet oldest son is officially a T...T...Teenager! Happy Birthday Spencer! He had a pretty uneventful day until dinnertime. Mom served his favorite dish: Nana's enchiladas (but I can never get the recipe "like Nana's"). For dessert, his favorite flavor: Lemon cake with vanilla ice cream. Isaac wouldn't sing "Happy Birthday to Spencer," only "Happy Birthday to Isaac (or 'me')." And then the big surprise. Spencer has been begging for, no, demanding, the game Guitar Hero for his birthday. Unfortunately for him, I read the online parent reviews and that was a big NO! So he tried another tactic: "If you buy the game Rock Band, I'll buy the guitar and the drums and the microphone. That way you'll be saving money." Twisted Teenager logic. But what is a mom to do? Of course I went and bought the Special Edition that included the instruments and spent a pretty penny (but, yes, I had a coupon!). He went berserk when he saw his present. I thought we'd have to peel him off the ceiling! We set it up and it turned out to be a great family game! With Jacob and Isaac on vocals, Dad on drums, Noah on bass drum and Spencer on guitar (and Mom as the roadie) we turned ourselves into "The Kings," a pretty decent rock band with a pretty predictable name. Some of the songs are a little disconcerting to hear your 7-year-old belting out but we've sure had fun. Check it out! (Push the play button).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahhh! I love it! I am jealous. We just got the wii fit, but didn't get to play it before it got packed up and shipped to Brazil! What a cool thing for the whole family to do. Way to go, mom.
ReplyDeletePS, I am finally back online. Don't worry about your blog background, it just means we both have good taste :)
love you guys!